Tuesday, April 22, 2014

You have an Adversary Who Hates You

Scripture: Psalm 57:4-6
My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows And their tongue a sharp sword. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; Let Your glory be above all the earth. They have prepared a net for my steps; My soul is bowed down; They dug a pit before me; They themselves have fallen into the midst of it. Selah.

Insights: Sunday our youth and young adults performed a skit entitled The Everything Skit.  Many have seen this skit performed and it shows in visual form the spiritual battle that rages against all of humanity.  It shows Satan’s use of relationships, money, addictive pleasures, beauty or vanity, and ultimately despair.  Throughout the skit the Jesus character is praying for this one being tormented and attacked by Satan and his weapons.  Finally, the person surrenders and runs to Jesus.  At the same time, Satan is doing everything he can to prevent this one from entering into the arms of Jesus.  Finally, at the climactic point of the skit Jesus throws all the attackers off of the one running to Him.  There is a peaceful rest that comes over this one who is now safe and secure in Jesus’ loving arms.  This skit portrays the reality of an enemy and his hatred toward humanity.  David was literally being hunted and attacked by King Saul.  Lies were spoken about David and traps had been laid before Him.  Satan is using those same tools against us.  So often, however, we try to fight Satan in our own power and whenever we do, we lose.  Jesus is telling us to surrender to Him just like the character in the skit.  If we do, He will fight for us and He will always win!  Beloved, run to Jesus and let Him save you from the attack.  If you have not entered into a relationship with Jesus, run to Him and let Him save you from eternal damnation!  Run to Jesus!

Questions:
  1. Have you been assaulted lately by the enemy, Satan?
  2. Are you attempting to defeat Satan in your own power?

Prayer: Father, how many times have I tried to fight Satan in my own flesh and lost?  I cannot count the times.  Forgive me for depending on my own power and might.  Lead me into the arms of Jesus and let me rest in Him and let Him fight my battles.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment