Monday, April 21, 2014

In What Way is the Lord Reassuring You of His Will?

Scripture: Judges 6:16
But the LORD said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat Midian as one man."

Insights: For those who regularly read my Thoughts by Scott blog, I apologize for the delay in getting these ought to you.  I am, however, back on track and hopefully, by God’s grace, will not have future hiccups.  The last blog dealt with the question of are you plagued by doubt?  Today’s verse is God’s response to our doubts.  He gives reassurance that His will is being set before you.  Notice, God is telling Gideon that He is going to be present with him and He is also giving him the confidence to know he will defeat the Midianites.  Beloved, so often I live in fear and doubt; yet, the Lord is faithful to prompt and prick my heart to let me know that I have indeed heard His commands.  When those moments of reiteration to His will are made, it encourages me to press on and continue with the fight which is set before me.  Beloved, take courage in the Lord’s reassurance and engage in the battle for the Lord and His glory!

Questions:
  1. In what way is the Lord reassuring you of His will?
  2. Does this reassurance help produce peace in your life?

Prayer: Father, I am so grateful You reassure me of Your will.  I often times am afraid and doubtful of the course You have set before me, but then You speak and calm my heart and I say, “Thank You!”.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment