Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Are You Plagued by Doubt

Scripture: Judges 6:15
He said to Him, "O Lord, how shall I deliver Israel? Behold, my family is the least in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father's house."

Insights: Let me remind you that yesterday we saw how God did not even address Gideon’s questions regarding God and His power and sovereignty.  He just pressed onward with His commission of Gideon and charged him to go defeat the Midianites.  Upon hearing this assignment, Gideon pulled out the Moses card and starts to explain why he is not qualified to be the leader of this expedition.  He expresses this disbelief through a couple of questions in which the main theme is his inferiority to the task at hand.  Beloved, I believe many, if not most, in the church of America suffer from these plaguing kinds of questions.  We don’t feel adequate or qualified to lead and be valiant for the Lord; and the truth is, we are not.  We must always keep in mind in Whose power we are pressing forward with our assignment.  We are not being commissioned to victory in our strength and power, but in the Lord God’s strength and power.  Tomorrow we are going to learn a truth about God that helps us overcome these plaguing questions of doubt and fear.  God is always faithful to provide for us what we will learn tomorrow.  Beloved, until then, when questions of doubt arise, let me encourage you to apply what we learned yesterday.  Learn to rest in the Lord’s strength and power.  Let Him be your victory!

Questions:
  1. Are you plagued by doubt?
  2. What excuses are you presenting to the Lord?

Prayer: Father, forgive me when I walk the path of disobedience and do not fully obey You.  Increase my faith and don’t let me be plagued by doubt and fear.  Let me be a person of courage and a valiant warrior for You.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment