Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Because of My Salvation I will Tell the World about Jesus

Scripture: Psalm 57:7-11
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises! Awake, my glory! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. For Your lovingkindness is great to the heavens And Your truth to the clouds. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; Let Your glory be above all the earth.

Insights: David concludes this psalm with praise and adoration.  He states he will sing praises among the nations regarding the Lord’s greatness and goodness.  He states he will give thanks among the people regarding the Lord’s gracious activity in his life.  Beloved, David’s heart is the same kind of heart we ought to have.  David is basically saying because of all I have seen and experienced I cannot but help tell other people about what the Lord has done in my life.  If you have truly been born again, if you have truly received Jesus as your Savior, if you are truly a child of the King, then you also cannot but help tell others about His salvific work in your life.  This past Sunday was Easter as we have mentioned earlier this week.  It was because of Jesus work on Friday and His victory on Sunday that gives us the hope and assurance of our salvation in and through Him.  This singular work of the Lord ought to be reason enough for us to exalt the Lord and tell others about His love.  The reality is, however, we have reason on top of reason on top of reason to praise the Lord.  Because of the great sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf we ought to also have an intense desire to tell others about His great love.  Ask the Lord to open your eyes and heart to tell someone this week about Jesus.  May your faithfulness bring Him glory!

Questions:
  1. Are you worshiping the Lord Jesus for His salvific work in your life?
  2. Are you telling others about what Jesus has done for you?

Prayer: Father, You alone are worthy of praise.  You sent Your Son do take away my sins.  Thank You for giving me salvation through Jesus.  Make me bold, Lord, in my telling the world about Jesus’ love for them.  May my life bring You glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment