Monday, April 21, 2014

Are You Asking for Signs?

Scripture: Judges 6:17-18
So Gideon said to Him, "If now I have found favor in Your sight, then show me a sign that it is You who speak with me. "Please do not depart from here, until I come back to You, and bring out my offering and lay it before You." And He said, "I will remain until you return."

Insights: Gideon was the sign asking master.  Later on in his journey with the Lord he does the double fleece sign request with the Father.  Even in today’s verses he was asking for signs.  Beloved, let me tell you, sign asking is not a “sign” of faith, but rather of disbelief.  If you are one who is constantly saying, “Here is a sign” or “Is that a sign?” let me caution you.  I would challenge you to spend time with the Lord and in His Word to such an extent that when He does speak to you, you know it is Him speaking.  One of the things about today’s verses I do like, however, is the Lord’s patience.  Even though Gideon is a doubter and not a faith exhibitor, God is loving and kind toward him.  He does not blast Gideon for asking for a sign, but lovingly and patiently states He will remain until Gideon returns.  God does the same thing in our lives.  He wants us to walk with Him with that kind of intimacy we discussed a moment ago, but He is lovingly waiting for us to get there.  Until that time, He continues to walk in patience with us and I am extremely grateful.

Questions:
  1. Are you asking for signs?
  2. Are you thankful the Lord is patient with you?

Prayer: Father, help me to grow in my walk with You to such an extent that I do not ask for sign in order to confirm Your will.  Rather, let me have such an intimate relationship with You that I know when You have spoken to me.  I am, however, grateful for Your patience in my life for those times in which I do ask for signs and wonders.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment