Monday, April 21, 2014

Jesus is the One Sent from Heaven to Save You

Scripture: Psalm 57:1-3
Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by. I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me. He will send from heaven and save me; He reproaches him who tramples upon me. Selah. God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth.

Insights: Yesterday was Easter!  Praise the Lord Jesus rose from the grave!  I did not preach a “traditional” Easter sermon.  We, as you know if you have been reading my Thoughts by Scott, have been reading through the Bible chronologically this year.  Yesterday we looked as Psalm 57 which was a Psalm David wrote while Saul was pursuing him in order to take his life.  In real life God did send from heaven, if you will, saviors to David.  They came in the form of 400 men who came to encourage David in this time of fear and doubt.  Well, in a more accurate way God did send a Savior from heaven to earth to save us and that was His perfect Son, Jesus Christ.  Jesus came to do everything mentioned in verses one through three.  Jesus is our Savior.  It was His work on Good Friday that purchased our sin debt.  He became our substitute and took on Himself what rightfully belonged to us.  I cannot express how grateful I am for the gift of salvation Jesus has given to me.  If you have never received this gift, it is obtainable by simply telling God you are a sinner who can’t save yourself.  Further go on to tell God that you are dependent upon Jesus to take your sins away.  Ask Jesus to come into your heart and to make you clean, whole and a new person.  If you will pray that kind of prayer, then Jesus is faithful to enter into your life.  There is no sin that could keep Him out because on that Good Friday, He took all the sin past, present and future.  We can completely and holistically trust Him for our salvation and eternal life.  It is my prayer if you have not encountered Jesus like this, that you will before you wait another minute.  Let God be your salvation through Jesus!

Questions:
  1. Have you received the gift of eternal life found in Jesus Christ?
  2. If you have not, what is holding you back from receiving this precious gift?

Prayer: Father, thank You my salvation found in Jesus.  Let me always be mindful of Your grace and forgiveness.  I desire to honor You because of all You have done for me.  May my life bring You glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment