Monday, May 9, 2016

Godly Attributes of Thankfulness and Service

Photo by Elvis Kennedy
Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:3a-b
I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did

Insights: Yesterday was Mother’s Day and we looked at ten implied attributes of a godly mom.  Each day this week I will look at two of those ten attributes and finish up on Friday.  The first attribute is that of thankfulness.  Before I share a little more about thankfulness, let me state even though I titled the sermon attributes of a godly mom, these attributes ought to be true of all of us in Christ Jesus.  All of us ought to be thankful at heart.  As I preached this attribute Sunday I mentioned the times in which your children are behaving in such a fashion you want to rip their head right off, are you thankful for you child?  Even in the worst moments, we ought to be thankful for the gift of children.  We ought to count our many blessings and name them one by one as the old hymn states.  The second attribute is that of service.  In most households, not all, but most, the mom bears the brunt of the household service.  She is the primary cook and cleaner.  She is the primary tutor for school projects.  She is the primary person in the service realm of a household.  We all are called to serve, but for some reasons God has equipped moms to be better servers than dads.  Beloved, the purpose of Mother’s Day is to show appreciation for our moms.  We ought to be thankful for them.  We ought to serve them as well.  They have sacrificed and worked hard to meet our every need and often times wants as well.  They are incredible examples of the Father’s love for us.  It is my prayer you truly showed appreciation to your mom yesterday and you served her.  You both will be grateful you did.  If you have not, then let me encourage you to go and show appreciation to her today.

Questions:
1. Have you counted your blessings today and been thankful to the Lord for all of His abundant grace?
2. In what ways are you serving the Lord and others in your daily life?

Prayer: Father, thank You for Your many blessings.  May I use Your blessings in such a fashion I can serve others better.  May You be brought glory through me this day as I serve You.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment