Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Godly Attributes of Joy and Faithfulness

Photo by ilan sharif
Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:4b-5
so that I may be filled with joy.  For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.

Insights: The fifth implied attribute of a godly mother is that of joy.  Notice Paul states he is filled with joy because of Timothy.  Joy is an internal reality even in the midst of pain and sorrow.  In other words, happiness is based on what is happening to you at the moment.  If you are watching a movie you like, then you are happy.  If, however, you are afraid of heights and you are having to cross a suspension bridge 300 feet over a gorge, then you are probably not a happy camper.  Joy on the other hand is an attribute of a life in Christ Jesus.  He gives you His joy and it allows us to face the most difficult of situations and still remain in joy.  Parenting is a perfect example of difficult trials and tests and yet an amazing joy filling one from the inside out as a result of this amazing gift from God.  The sixth implied attribute of a godly mother is that of faithfulness.  A faithful person says I know the road is hard, I know the path is dark, I know the obstacles are many, I know the pain is intense, I know the easy way is to give up and quit, but I will not stop.  I will press on and endure to the end because I am faithful to that which I have committed my life.  There is no alternative route.  There is only the gift of Christ Jesus and the faith He has bestowed on me; and as a result, I will stay true to the course before me.  I will win this race and I will see my Savior in the sky and will be restored to Him forevermore.  This kind of attitude is found in a faithful person.  Beloved, let us all walk in joy and remain faithful to Jesus.  May our lives display these attributes and may God be brought glory because of our obedience to Him.

Questions:
1. Would others characterize your life as being filled with joy?
2. Would your family describe you as being a faithful person?

Prayer: Father, it is a joy to be Your child and in Your family.  Help grow my faith and may I be a person of faith who displays Your joy in my life.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment