Tuesday, January 10, 2017

We are Never Alone

Photo by Chris Yarzab
This blog ought to have been January 6, 2017

Scripture: Matthew 28:20b-c
and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Insights: Our final blog regarding the Great Commission deals with the presence of the Lord Jesus.  Notice with me were He resides.  He resides with us.  He is ALWAYS  with us.  He never leaves us.  He never forsakes us.  How long does He reside with us you may be asking.  The answer is He resides with us for ALL of eternity.  Praise the Lord for this incredible promise and truth about our Savior, Jesus Christ.  If you have never encountered our Lord Jesus, then this later part of verse twenty really does not mean a whole lot to you.  If, however, you do know the Lord Jesus, then this second half of the verse is a comfort beyond description.  I cannot tell you how many times in my life I have wanted to give up, but then the Lord has reminded me that He is right here with me.  He is going to grant me His strength.  He is going to give me His wisdom.  All I have to do is surrender to Him and He takes over from there.  Oh, the joy this singular truth brings in my life.  It is my prayer you personally know and can relate to about what I have just written.  Jesus loves you.  He desires an eternal relationship with you.  You will face dark days, but He is a light shining in the midst of them.  May this singular truth grant you peace this day.  I know it has me.

Questions:
 1. Have you ever felt alone?
 2. In what ways does the eternal presence of Jesus comfort you at times of difficult and pain?

Prayer: Father, thank You that You never leave me nor forsake me.  Thank You for walking with me through the dark days and days of doubt.  Thank You for Your eternal presence always being there with me in the good times and the bad.  You are wonderful beyond compare and I am grateful You are always with me. Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment