Wednesday, January 18, 2017

God Knows Our Fears and Doubts

Photo by Vic
Scripture: Jeremiah 1:6-8a
Then I said, “Alas, Lord God!  Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth.”  But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak.  Do not be afraid of them.

Insights: When Jeremiah makes his petition about his age it is not the real issue.  We know it is not the real issue because of God’s response to Jeremiah.  God tells Jeremiah not to be afraid.  This reality of God’s presence to remove our fears is amazing.  God literally tells Jeremiah, “Do not be afraid of them.”  How many times have you found yourself called by the Lord to an assignment and were immediately caught up in fear.  These fears are often times irrational and have no real basis for existing.  The fact we experience the fear, however, is undeniable.  It exist and we are called to move forward in obedience in spite of our fears.  This movement forward is a step of faith.  In fact this fear gives us opportunity to demonstrate our faith in the Lord.  Faith is not the absence of fear, but rather the movement toward the personal Lord God.  As we walk in obedience toward Him, the fear has an amazing way of disappearing.  This dissipation, however, does not happen until action of faith is first taken.  This personal God knows we are going to be afraid.  Tomorrow, we will learn what He does to help us overcome our fears.  Until we learn this next part regarding our personal God in whom we believe, let me encourage you to feel the fear and move forward in faith.  Be amazed as that fear disappears because of your obedience.

Questions:
 1. Of what are you afraid?
 2. Does the realization of God’s personal presence give you comfort?

Prayer: Father, thank You for calming my fears and giving me a peace that surpasses all understanding.  This peace and calm comes as a result of knowing You.  Thank You for letting me know you.. Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment