Friday, January 20, 2017

God Equips Us

Photo by 

John925 (Seeing With New Eyes)

Scripture: Jeremiah 1:9-10
Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.  “See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, To pluck up and to break down, To destroy and to overthrow, To build and to plant.”

Insights: The final truth we learn this week is that this personal God equips those who are His.  Notice what the Lord did with Jeremiah.  God stretched out His hand and touched Jeremiah’s mouth.  God is the One who put words in Jeremiah’s mouth to speak.  God is the One who appointed Jeremiah to be over the nations and kingdoms.  God is the One who equipped Jeremiah.  In the same way this personal God equipped Jeremiah, He equips us as well.  He knows us personally and because He knows us, He knows exactly the best way to equip us.  We are then equipped by this personal God in order to serve Him.  Our service can be in any number of ways because He equips us personally and uniquely.  At the moment in which I am writing this blog, I am in Ecuador on a missions trip.  God has equipped some people with a supernatural ability to learn and know languages.  I know I am not to covet another persons gift, but I must confess my sin and say I wish that was a gift God had given to me.  The point I am making is we have translators down here that God uses to help us disciple and evangelize with the Ecuadorian people.  We are completely incapable of doing the work we do without their giftedness.  We are grateful the Lord equipped them for this task and are willing to use their gifts in this way.  In the same way they use their gifts for God’s glory.  We also are to use our gifts for His glory.  If we are born again, then He has equipped us for works of service.  Let us be obedient to Him and get to know this personal God better as we use His gifts.  Praise his name for equipping us and letting us know Him personally.

Questions:
 1. In what ways has the Lord equipped you for service?
 2. Are you using your gifts for the Lord?

Prayer: Father, thank You for giving me gifts that are directly related to the way You made me.  Let me use these gifts to bring You glory.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment