Tuesday, January 17, 2017

God Knows Us Before Our Birth

Photo by Marcelino Rapayla Jr.
Scripture: Jeremiah 1:4-5
Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Insights: Last week we learned about the Triune God.  He is the ONE and only God.  He is not only the One and only God, but He is also a personal God.  I love the four attributes we will learn about this week from the this passage out of Jeremiah chapter one.  This personal God knew us before we were born.  He has always known when in human history you were going to be born.  He orchestrated your place in the scope of eternity before you were even thought of by human parents.  He knew you perfectly and knew your course for life exactly.  This reality gives me a great deal of hope because it tells me no one is an accident.  No one is a mistake.  God formed us.  In our church, FBC Bowling Green, we have a man who has down syndrome.  He is one of our greeters.  We have another man who has autism that is also a greeter.  I can honestly say they are some of the most precious people in our church.  They were not a mistake.  They both love Jesus and have an abiding relationship with Him.  They worship Him and they love Him.  This personal God loves them as well.  It is my hearts desire that you know this personal God.  He loves you and He sent His Son to die on a cross in order for you to have a relationship with Him.  I pray you will come to know Him.

Questions:
 1. Have you expressed gratitude to the Lord for knowing and creating you in a wonderful fashion?
 2. Do you know this personal God who moved heaven and earth to know you?

Prayer: Father, thank You for desiring a personal relationship with me.  You are wonderful and majestic in Your creative power and purpose.  May I grow in my knowledge of You. Amen.





If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment