Monday, June 6, 2016

We do NOT See Clearly while in Sin

Photo by Paul Bence
Scripture: Hosea 2:5
“For their mother has played the harlot; She who conceived them has acted shamefully. For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers, Who give me my bread and my water, My wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.’

Insights: In today’s verse we are given a glimpse of Gomer’s life.  We begin to understand the extent of her sinfulness.  She has conceived children as she played the harlot and acted shamefully.  At the same time we learn her sin has prevented her from seeing her situation clearly.  In other words, she believes her false lovers have provided her with bread, water, wool, flax, oil and her drink.  We will learn later that her provider was actually Hosea.  In her sin and rebellion, however, she has accepted the deceitful lie and believes her lovers are the giver of these provisions.  Beloved, whenever we get ourselves wrapped up in our own self-service, we become blinded to the truth surrounding our lives.  We grow cold to the truth of the Spirit’s promptings.  We start to attribute our goodness and our gifts to ourselves and our own devices.  Let me encourage you to take an honest evaluation of your life.  Let the Lord Himself open your eyes to your situation.  If He reveals sin, then repent and turn from it.  Walk in the paths of His righteousness and experience His grace.  Do not be blinded any longer because of your sin.  I promise you it will be the best decision you have ever made.

Questions:
1. Is there sin in your life that is preventing you from seeing clearly?
2. Are you willing to repent of your sinfulness and walk in Jesus’ righteousness which has been inputed into your life?

Prayer: Father, forgive me for my sin and rebellion.  When I am in my disobedience to You and Your ways, I am incapable of seeing clearly.  Take the scales of sin from my eyes and let me see Your path correctly.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  If you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to live your thoughts.   Thank you.

3 comments: