Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hopefully those Who are Disciplined, Will Repent

Photo by Compassion International
Scripture: Hosea 2:7c-d
Then she will say, ‘I will go back to my first husband, For it was better for me then than now!’

Insights: This part of verse seven is the hope for Hosea.  He is hoping this will eventually be Gomer’s response to him.  He wants her to come to the end of herself and her sinfulness.  He longs for the day in which she says, “I will go back to my first husband, For it was better for me then than now!”  Hosea is unapologetically waiting for his restoration with Gomer.  The Lord our God is doing the same for us.  He is the Father on the porch looking down the road for His prodigal son to return.  When He sees His son a long way off, this loving Father runs to greet His son.  Everything the Father is doing and has allowed to occur in our lives is for the purpose of bring us to repentance.  He wants us to experience His mercy and grace, but He will allow us to languish in our sin for as long as we desire.  His hope and joy is for restoration to occur with us and Him, just like Hosea’s hope was for restoration between Him and Gomer.  It is my prayer you come to the end of yourself and realize just how much better off you are with the Lord of glory than you are in your own devices of pain and agony.

Questions:
1. Have you repented of your sin and turned back to the Lord?
2. If you have not, why?

Prayer: Father, I truly am sorry for my rebellion and sin.  Let me experience Your grace as I return to You and am fully restored by Your great love.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  If you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to live your thoughts.   Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment