Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Last Two Principles of Integrity

Photo by Helen K
Scripture: Proverbs 10:9
He who walks in integrity walks securely, But he who perverts his ways will be found out.

Insights: There were four principles regarding integrity we looked at this week.  The first principle of integrity was that a Christ-follower rejects passivity.  The second principle was that a Christ-follower accepts responsibility.  The third principle of integrity is a Christ-follower leads courageously.  The kingdom of God is supposed to take ground.  We are to be advancing the gospel.  We are to be boldly going and telling others about the grace and glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We are not to be hiding in the safety and comfort of our church pews.  We are not to be content with 93% of church plateaued or declining.  FBCBG is in a present negative growth pattern and people are saying, “Why are people leaving the church?”  I will tell you the reason people are leaving the church is because we have stopped living with integrity.  We have stopped being men and women of courage.  We have stopped sharing the gospel.  God forgive us and then let us have true biblical repentance and start telling others about Jesus.  The last principle of integrity we discussed was the fact Christ-followers ought to live a life expecting a greater reward.  I challenge you to go read through Paul’s epistles.  You will find one of Paul’s greatest motivators for being a man of integrity and courageously sharing Jesus with others was his deep held belief that one day he would be rewarded for his work.  Beloved, if we are truly faithful to the Lord, then we will receive a reward.  I can honestly say I do not understand the economy of the Lord.  I know there are five crowns mentioned in the New Testament.  I understand that what truly makes eternity joyous is the Lord Himself and all who are born again experience Him.  Yet I also know He gives some greater rewards than others.  How that impacts eternity I do not know, but what I do know is I want to be rewarded for being a faithful man of God.  I pray that prayer for you as well. 

Questions:
1. Would others say of you that you are a person of courage?
2. Do you long for the motivation of God’s greater reward in your life?

Prayer: Father, forgive me for being all too focused on the here and now.  Help me to live life with an eternal view.  As I do I will be more courageous and more concerned about Your approval than that of man.  Bless my life and reward me with Your grace as I faithfully follow You.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment