Tuesday, December 29, 2015

God gives Us a Husband

Scripture: Ruth 4:13
So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife, and he went in to her. And the Lord enabled her to conceive, and she gave birth to a son.

Insights: In today’s verses we see Ruth became Boaz’s wife.  In other words, we have a wedding taking place in this verse.  As with yesterday’s verse, today’s verse also is pointing us to a spiritual truth found in the Lord Jesus.  If we have received the gift of life we learned about yesterday, then we become members of the church.  When I say church in this context I am not referencing FBCBG, but the church universal.  I am referencing any person who has entered into a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus.  When one has that relationship, then they are a part of the church.  The church is called the bride of Christ.  Jesus tells us He has gone home to prepare for His bride.  In the book of Revelation we are told about the marriage feast the Lord Jesus is preparing for His bride, the church.  So, just as Ruth was given a husband, so we, who are a part of the church will also receive a husband.  I will readily tell you I do not understand the dynamics of how billions of saved souls through the ages become one bride, but then I also cannot fully comprehend how Jesus is One in Three.  I take these two concepts by faith because the Scriptures are abundantly clear this facts to be true.  Beloved, here is what I do know.  I know I long for the day in which Jesus returns to take His bride home with Him for this wedding feast.  I know that day will be a day of great rejoicing for Jesus’ bride.  I know on that day we will be changed and not be hindered by our old sin nature any longer.  It will be a marvelous day.  It is my prayer that every person that has not entered into this relationship with Jesus will do so and do so quickly because we do not know the day in which the Lord will return.  May God be glorified with a feast pact full of people and may we be intentional about reaching those people.

Questions:
1. Do you long for the day when you will experience the wedding feast with the Bridegroom?
2. Is there anything preventing you from attending this wedding feast?


Prayer: Father, thank You for Your grace to allow me to be a part of this wedding feast as a member of Your church, the bride.  I long for the day of our union together and ask You to come quickly.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment