Monday, May 11, 2015

Relevant Worship Longs for Perfect Worship of Jesus

Scripture: 1 Peter 5:10-11
After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.  To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Insights:  I love the fact that the Lord Jesus is perfecting, confirming, strengthening and establishing me all for His glory.  I am incapable of saving myself.  I am incapable of fixing myself.  I am incapable of becoming strong and established by myself.  Yet, if I have received the eternal gift of life found in Jesus Christ, then He does all of that kind of work for me.  He is the One who breathes new life into my soul.  He is the One who makes me new and by His grace I am born again.  I long for that eternal worship with Jesus that is not hindered by this world and the sin that so easily entangles this place.  I am set free from my shackles of death and I get to worship unashamedly the Savior of the world.  Notice in today’s verses it does tell us that we will suffer for a little while, but after that suffering we will be called into His eternal glory.  Beloved take heart that your present afflictions will not last forever.  In fact, from the perspective of Jesus, your troubles, even if they last you your entire life here on earth, are but for a little while.  This truth brings me much joy and peace to know this life is the temporary, but the life with Jesus is the forever.  Glory to His name!

Questions:
1.  Are you born again and ready to spend eternity with Jesus?
2.  Does the worship of Jesus for all time fill your heart with Joy?


Prayer: Father, this world is so full of things that disturb my heart.  It makes my heart long for that day in eternity when I will see the Triune God unfettered by the sins of this world.  I long to worship You because I am Yours and You are mine.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment