Monday, May 11, 2015

Exciting Worship Prays for Family

Scripture: Philippians 1:3-5
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now.

Insights:  Are all of your memories regarding your true family in Christ such that it brings you to a place of gratitude before the Lord.  I can, at this point in my life, not say that all my memories are filled with gratitude.  If we look back on Paul’s relationship with the people of Philippi, we have to wonder how Paul was able to pen those words as well.  This was the same little town that stripped him naked and beat him.  After they beat him they threw him in a jail ceil and did not clean him up or clothe until after an earthquake opened the prison doors.  Yet, it was through all of those things that the jailer and his household came to a saving knowledge of Jesus.  I think it is because of God’s exciting work within the life of Paul and these kinds of results that he is able to have a heart of gratitude when he thinks about his brothers and sisters in Philippi.  Notice that Paul not only had a grateful heart but one that was filled with exciting joy.  He truly, deep down, loved and cherished these people.  He wanted the very best for them and it was because he loved them so much that he prayed so earnestly for them.  Beloved, it is my hearts desire for the body of FBCBG to love each other so much that we are compelled by the Lord’s Spirit’s promptings to pray for our family on a regular basis throughout the day.  It is my belief that if you will do this, then you will be overwhelmed with an exciting joy for your church family when you come to church this week.  May God draw on your heart and produce these kinds of result.

Questions:
1.  Do you earnestly pray for your fellow family members in the body of Jesus?
2.  Is prayer one of those tools in your spiritual tool box that does not get pulled out very often or is it so used that every one can see the effects of its work?


Prayer: Father, forgive me for those times in which I have not interceded for my spiritual family.  Let me continue to be prompted by Your Spirit to cry out on their behalf and watch You work in their lives.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment