Monday, May 11, 2015

Hope Presses Us on to Our Exciting Joyful Reunion of Worship with Christ

Scripture: Philippians 1:21-26
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.  But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith, so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

Insights:  Everything that drives Paul is his knowledge of the life to come in eternity with Jesus.  He has encountered Jesus while he lived on earth, but he knows he will see Him face to face in eternity and that brings about a great deal of joy and excitement to Paul.  Beloved, we have that same kind of life as well.  If we truly are born again, then we will one day see Jesus as Paul has already experienced and we will have the same exciting joy as well.  Our lives ought to reflect such joy and excitement in our daily lives.  We ought to be people who encounter a lost world and the lost world asks the question, “Why are these people so different from me?”  We then need to tell them why we are different.  We need to tell them about our hope that presses us on to our reunion with Jesus.  Our lives ought to be like binoculars for a lost world and when they look through us, their binoculars in this illustration, they ought to see Jesus big and bold.  When people look through the lens of your life, I do pray it is Jesus they see.  If for some reason it is not, then repent and ask the Lord to further transform your life into the image of Jesus.  Continue to be pliable and moldable in His hands and may you have a deep longing for your reunion with Jesus throughout the entire process.  Come Lord Jesus, come!

Questions:
1.  Are you looking forward to your eternal reunion with Jesus?
2.  Do you know the only way you will have that reunion is if Jesus is Lord of your life?


Prayer: Father, I can’t wait to get home.  So many things here on earth I don’t understand, but I long for the day I am with You unfettered by this sinful world in which I presently reside.  Come Lord Jesus, come.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment