Monday, May 11, 2015

Joyful Worship is the Result of Exciting Proclamation

Scripture: Philippians 1:15-18e
Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment.  What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice.

Insights:  If you have read my blogs for any length of time, then you know that from time to time I rant about the Word of Faith movement, also know as, the name it and claim it prosperity gospel.  They are preaching Jesus, in my opinion, from false motives.  They are stealing from people and lining their pockets with money form their converts.  Many of these followers of their gospel don’t have enough money to support themselves, but because they have bought into his prosperity lie, they give out of faith and make these TV preachers all the more wealthy.  Now, here is where I have to step on my own toes.  Even though I do not like what they are doing to people and the lies they tell, most of these preachers do preach that Jesus is the only way to heaven.  For this fact alone, I ought to be like Paul and rejoice in the proclamation of the gospel and worship the Lord for the lives that have been changed.  I will tell you that I am letting the Lord work on my heart regarding this situation.  I would challenge you to ask the Lord to examine your heart and reveal to you if you are proclaiming the gospel with pure motives or selfish motives.  If He reveals that your motives are impure, then repent and ask the Lord to do a redemptive work in your heart and start proclaiming the gospel with a renewed zeal and passion for His glory.

Questions:
1.  Are you proclaiming Jesus out of selfish ambitions or out of pure motives?
2.  Are you able to worship as a result of the Lord’s promptings to proclaim His good news?


Prayer: Father, thank You for empowering me to share the love of Jesus with other people.  Let the well spring of joy overflow into worship as I proclaim the gospel.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment