Saturday, August 16, 2014

We Feel Encouraged

Scripture: Jeremiah 20:11-12
But the Lord is with me like a dread champion;
Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed,
With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten.
Yet, O Lord of hosts, You who test the righteous,
Who see the mind and the heart;
Let me see Your vengeance on them;
For to You I have set forth my cause.

Insights: Jeremiah, as we have seen throughout the week, has gone through a lot of emotions.  In today’s verses we see the Lord sweeping in as a dread champion who supports, defends and encourages Jeremiah’s heart.  Notice the last line of verse twelve informs us that Jeremiah’s total defense is found in the Lord.  He takes his case to the Lord because he knows the Lord is his champion.  We have the same dread champion that Jeremiah had if we have received Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.  He has amazing and unbelievable ways of encouraging our hearts.  He knows exactly what we need when we need it.  Beloved, one of our biggest challenges is believing what God has said to us.  Let me encourage you to hold fast the Lord’s promises in your life.  He will never leave you nor forsake you.  He will always be there to hear your cries and petitions.  Run to Him and let Him truly be your dread champion.

Questions:
1.  In what ways has the Lord encouraged your heart recently?
2.  How might you be able to encourage others?

Prayer: Father, thank You for encouraging me.  Your words are truly a comfort to me.  Lord, allow the changes You produce in me to be an encouragement to others for Your glory.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment