Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We Feel Attacked

Scripture: Jeremiah 20:10
For I have heard the whispering of many,
“Terror on every side!
Denounce him; yes, let us denounce him!”
All my trusted friends,
Watching for my fall, say:
“Perhaps he will be deceived, so that we may prevail against him
And take our revenge on him.”

Insights: If you truly have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you will walk in obedience to Him.  If you are walking in obedience to Him, then this world is not going to understand you.  Because the world does not understand you, it will attack you.  The degree of the assault may vary, but the attack will occur.  Jeremiah lost all of his trusted friends because of his loyalty and faith to God.  We in America are very blessed to have as many freedoms as we do have, but those days are quickly diminishing and I wonder how prepared the church is for such attacks from a pagan world.  The key to such assaults is to run to Jesus.  This movement toward Jesus does not mean the attacks will stop.  This movement toward Jesus does not mean He will rescue you from this earthly torment.  Rather, what it does mean is He will never leave you nor forsake you.  He will walk this journey with you and provide you with the strength and determination to remain faithful to your Lord and Savior.

Questions:
1.  What attacks from the enemy have you recently experienced?
2.  Did you run to Jesus to be the defender of your faith during these assaults?

Prayer: Father, thank You for allowing me to run to You when I am attacked and wronged.  Grant me the ability to forgive those who have hurt me and help me to show and reflect Your love and mercy to them.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment