Wednesday, August 20, 2014

All Ministry is Fought Against by Satan

Scripture: Ezekiel 2:3-4
Then He said to me, “Son of man, I am sending you to the sons of Israel, to a rebellious people who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day. I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’
Insights: The third point this week is all ministry is fought by Satan.  Now you may be reading today’s verses and saying to yourself, “I don't see Satan mentioned anywhere in these verses.”  You would be correct in a technical sense, but let me ask you a question.  Who do you think wants the people to be rebellious, revolting, obstinate and stubborn?  Do you think the Lord God wants this for His people?  The answer is a resounding, “NO!”  The advisory, the devil, is the one who wants to fight against the things of the Lord and to influence people to be this way toward the Lord.  It is important for us as Christ-followers to keep this third truth in mind when we are doing ministry.  There are days in which Satan is more volatile than others.  There are days he does not even seem to bother us as he is setting us up for his next onslaught.  No matter what tactic Satan uses always remember this reality: Satan in inconsequential in comparison to the Lord God.  God will allow Satan to attack us in order to mold and shape us into men and women who are completely dependent upon Him.  We ought not be surprised by these attacks.  If, however, you are anything like I am, then no matter how much head knowledge I have on this subject, I still get surprised by Satan and his fury against me.  Beloved, follow my words and not my example on this one.  Resist the devil and run to the Lord.  Let Him, the Holy One, strengthen and empower you in this battle against Satan.  The Lord God is your only chance for victory in each of these fights.

Questions:
1.  Has the enemy assaulted your ministry in resent days?
2.  Are you allowing his evil tactics to hinder you from being obedient to the Lord?

Prayer: Father, I know the Satan hates You, me and Your redemptive plan to save humanity.  I know as a result of his diabolical hatred that he fights and attempts to destroy Your works.  Help me Lord to run to You and give me the courage to resist the devil.  O’ Lord, I truly do not want to be found as a rebellious individual against You.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment