Friday, August 29, 2014

God's Ways are NOT Thwarted by Our Ways: Redemption is Extended

Scripture: Ezekiel 17:22-24
Thus says the Lord God, “I will also take a sprig from the lofty top of the cedar and set it out; I will pluck from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one and I will plant it on a high and lofty mountain. On the high mountain of Israel I will plant it, that it may bring forth boughs and bear fruit and become a stately cedar. And birds of every kind will nest under it; they will nest in the shade of its branches. All the trees of the field will know that I am the Lord; I bring down the high tree, exalt the low tree, dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will perform it.”
Insights: In today’s verses you will notice they are not actually in the parable.  These verses are found at the end of the explanation portion of the passage.  I mention them at this point because in these verses we find God’s redemptive hand in the midst of His judgment.  In these verses we see the true heart of our Lord and Savior.  God does not punish us because He is a capricious god, but in order to draw us back to Him.  Every thing the Lord does is for reconciliation.  The Lord is letting us know that He always has those who will respond favorably to His promptings and drawings.  It is my prayer that all people will hear and recognize the Lord’s redemptive work and respond favorably to Him.  The Scripture tells us to respond to the Lord today while salvation may still be found.  The Lord is drawing on us, let us respond favorably to Him.  May God bless you for your humble response to His grace.
Questions:
1.  In what ways is the Lord extending His grace and redemption to you right now?
2.  Is there any good reason you can think of that would prevent you from receiving the Lord’s grace of redemption?

Prayer: Father, Your love constantly overwhelms me.  Thank You for your redemption which You extend to the world.  May we all respond favorably to Your grace.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment