Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Walls of Our Lives, Part 1


Scripture: Isaiah 49:15-16
"Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.

Insights: Notice that the Lord inscribes us on His hand.  Now it is important to understand that not everyone is written in the palm of God’s hand.  The Lord is speaking to His chosen people in this passage.  Those, who by faith, trust in the Lord are those written on His palm.  God’s plan for redemption was always through His Son, Jesus.  The way of salvation in the Old Testament was the same as the New Testament—faith alone.  The only difference is in the New Testament God opened the way of salvation to the gentile world.  If we will receive the free gift of eternal life that Jesus’ death and resurrection purchased, we will be saved from hell and the punishment we rightfully deserve because of our sin.  This truth is the starting point to building a spiritual wall of faith with bricks of character.  For clarity sack, the walls which are continually before God in this verse are the walls of Jerusalem, but I am using it in a figurative way to describe our faith in God.  Tomorrow, I will address these walls from the standpoint of one who has already received Jesus as their Lord and Savior and compare it to the overview we found in the book of Nehemiah.  It is crucial, and most vital, however, that we started these verses here.  If you do not have a relationship with the Lord Jesus, then you are lost and your name is not written in His palm.  Your eternal destiny is hell, but it does not have to be.  All you have to do is confess your sins and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord and God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved.

Questions:
  1. Is your name written in the palm of God’s hand?
  2. If not, would you like to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior?  It is simply a matter of surrendering your life to the Lord.  The following prayer can start the journey.
Prayer: Father, I am a sinner and realize I can in no way save myself from my sins, because You are a just and holy God.  My sins must be punished and the rightful place for my punishment is hell.  But You love me; and therefore, made a way for me to be saved.  You sent Your Son, Jesus, to live among us and to die on a cross to take the penalty for my sins.  By faith, I receive this gift of eternal life and ask Your Spirit to come dwell in my life and to seal me for the day of Your Son’s return to take me home.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment