Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Humanity is Capable of Simplicity

Photo by Annia316
Scripture: Matthew 18:2-6
And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.  “Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  “And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Insights: Yesterday we learned we often times are self-serving.  Today, we turn to a more positive note and look at the capability of all humanity to be more simplistic.  I use this word simplistic in a positive manner.  I think we over analyze much in this world.  In fact, there are times we become stifled because of the paralysis of analysis that sets in on us.  Jesus’ disciples asked who was going to be the greatest in His kingdom.  Jesus responds with the visual illustration of a child.  He called a child to Himself and begins to explain that the greatest in His kingdom are those who humble themselves like a little child.  Children have an innate ability to trust others.  I joke around with my children a lot.  I will tell them fancifully crazy things and my youngest will say to her mother, “Is Papí playing?”  My story is outlandish enough she thinks something is not quite right, but it is coming from her Papí and she trusts me.  She takes my statements simplistically and honestly on the onset.  It is only after thinking through what I have said does she question my statements.  My point is she naturally trusts me.  God calls us to Him and asks us to trust Him.  The difference, God never plays a joke on our emotions, trust or sentiment.  He is always trustworthy and we can approach Him with a simple trust and faith.  If we will live life in this fashion, we will do much better in our faith journey.

Questions:
 1. Have you come to a simple saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?
 2. When you look at life, do you over complicate things?

Prayer: Father, in my selfishness, I often times overcomplicate life issues.  The truth of the matter is You offer us a more simplistic life of love, joy and peace.  We find a hope in You, but often times do not live in this hope because we think it is too simple.  Lord, soften my heart to trust You.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment