Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Because of ONE THING, I am Confident

Photo by Chris & Karen Highland
Scripture: Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?  When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.  Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.

Insights: In verse four, which we will get to tomorrow, David says the words, “one thing.”  I titled the sermon Sunday, One Thing, and obviously verse four is where I derived the title.  I explained to the congregation if we had this one thing, then we would also have four traits in our lives.  The first trait is found in today’s verses and it is confidence.  Notice David is not Pollyanna in his view of life or his situation.  He uses the words evildoers, devour, adversaries, enemies, host, and war.  All of these things are rising up against David, and yet, he says he will not fear and he shall be confident.  Why is he able to be fearless and confident?  The answer is because the Lord is his light and salvation.  The Lord is his defense.  I wonder what happens when we face fear and dread.  Do we throw our hands up in the air and quit?  Do we run away?  Do we hide?  Do we allow all of our insecurities to incapacitate us with the ability to press on for Jesus?  Beloved, if we know God personally and are in an abiding love relationship with Him, then we can also face whatever circumstance with power and victory in Christ Jesus.

Questions:
 1. Would an outside observer describe you as being a confident or insecure type of person?
 2. How would you evaluate your life?

Prayer: Father, many times I am insecure in my leadership, but You have called me to influence those around me.  Let me do so in Your strength and power.  May I be found faithful in the midst of my insecurities.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment