Friday, March 31, 2017

Because of ONE THING, I am Never Alone

Photo by John Getchel
Scripture: Psalm 27:7-10
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, And be gracious to me and answer me.  When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, O Lord, I shall seek.”  Do not hide Your face from me, Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation!  For my father and my mother have forsaken me, But the Lord will take me up.

Insights: Once again we look at these verses this week and see the vulnerability and transparency of David.  He is questioning his own faithfulness to God.  Look at his words, “be gracious to me.”  Still further he writes, “Do not hide Your face from me, Do not turn Your servant away in anger [italics mine].”  Still even further he penned, “Do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation!”  David realizes in his sin he needs a Savior.  He does not, however, need a savior who apparently can leave him like a father or mother, but rather he needs a Savior who will take him up into His arms and be a comfort to him in the midst of his pain and suffering.  The indication being that as unlikely as it is for an earthly father or mother to abandon and forsake their own children, it can still happen.  With, God, however, He will never abandon nor forsake His own.  Jesus echoes these thoughts when He tells us, “I am with you always even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20).”  There are times in our walk with the Lord in which we feel we are alone.  The truth, however, is drastically different than our feelings.  We can rest assured Jesus is always with us.  He never leaves us alone.  He is a constant companion in our lives.  We just have to trust and believe this fact to be true.  When we do, we are comforted greatly by His love and mercy.

Questions:
 1. Are there times in which you feel you are alone?
 2. Have you come to understand you are not alone?

Prayer: Father, there are times I feel alone, but I know You are with me.  Help me to rest in the truth of my situation and not in my feelings.   Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment