Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Because of ONE THING, I am Joyful

Photo by Holley Gerth
Scripture: Psalm 27:4-6
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple.  For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.  And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Insights: Look at the heart of David as he petitions the Lord.  He is asking the Lord to help Him to know Him.  He is purposefully seeking the Lord and desiring to dwell with the Lord.  He wants to meditate on the Lord.  Notice what he desire the Lord to do for him in the midst of his personal relationship.  He longs to be comforted by the Lord when he is experiencing trouble.  He wants the Lord to conceal him in the tabernacle or dwelling place of the Lord.  God will be his hiding place and in this difficult time, God will also be the One to lift him up.  Because God does all of these works, David is able to say he shouts with joy and he sings praises to the Lord.  Beloved, joy is not some external attribute.  Joy is something the Lord places inside of His children.  Joy does not mean we do not have trials and tribulations.  In fact, I sense we are able to recognize the Lord’s ability to produce joy within us in our most difficult days.  I will readily admit, I do not long for those days of difficulty.  I am perfectly capable of experiencing joy in good times, but I appreciate the joy more in hard times.  Joy, non the less, is the result of the one thing.  A personal relationship with the Lord Jesus gives the believer joy and it is supernatural in nature.

Questions:
 1. Do you have the joy of the Lord residing within you?
 2. Do you long and seek after the Lord with all of who you are?

Prayer: Father, I do want to know You.  I want a deep and intimate relationship with You.  May I grow in Your grace and cultivate the disciplines in my life which help me know You more personally.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment