Friday, December 30, 2016

Jesus is the Light

Photo by The Church of Almighty God
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6-7
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.  There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore.  The zeal of the Lord of hosts will accomplish this.

Insights: This final blog for this week and this year also contains this military theme of Isaiah nine.  These two verses today speak of this new government formed from the conquest of this new King.  This new King will have a government which rests on His shoulders.  His kingdom will have no end.  His kingdom will usher in peace because there will be no rival nation to combat against Him.  His kingdom will have justice and righteousness upheld.  His zeal is the very foundation by which He will accomplish all these objectives.  Pondering the zeal of our Lord Jesus is not something I do very often and I believe is one of my downfalls in my spiritual pilgrimage  Beloved, as we look at this new kingdom ushered in by this conquering King let me encourage you to think about His nature, power, and motives behind His activities.  I think you will be amazed and awed as You ponder these areas of contemplation.  I also hope you find a great deal of comfort in knowing you worship and serve a God who is a wonderful counselor.  I hope you are comforted by a God who is mighty and eternal.  I also hope His peace provides you with comfort as well.  These attributes that describe this King are also the same attributes that describe His kingdom of which you are a part as a born again follower of Jesus.  Even this weekend, let me admonish you to tell someone else about this amazing God who ushers in this amazing kingdom.  May He always be brought glory!

Questions:
 1. Do the different names of Jesus give you comfort?
 2. Do you ever ponder the idea of God’s zeal and what ignites it?

Prayer: Father, You are perfect in every way and You accomplish all Your desires by Your zeal.  Lord, as I close this 2016 year, help me to be reflective and filled with faith about the future.  Your zeal accomplishes all You have called me to do.  Grant me Your strength to walk in Your ways.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment