Thursday, December 8, 2016

Peace Found in Jesus' Character

Photo by Keith Davenport
Scripture: Isaiah 11:5
Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist.

Insights: In today’s verse we learn about the character of Jesus.  He is righteous.  I love this attribute about Him because that means He is always acting rightly.  In other words, I can trust Him to act rightly on my behalf all of the time.  Now, it is true I do not always understand or recognize His actions being right.  There are times in which He has to discipline me and when He does I don’t feel He is acting rightly toward me.  Afterwards, however, I do understand and am able to recognize He had my best interest at heart the entire time.  Another character trait that today’s verse informs us about Jesus is His faithfulness.  Jesus is always faithful.  The Great Commission tells us Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us.  This faithful promise of eternal presence is offered only to those who are His.  A lost person will not receive this promise of never leaving them.  If they die without being born again, then they will be separated forever from His grace, mercy and love.  If, however, one is born again, then they can rest assured in Jesus’ faithful promise to never leave them nor forsake them.  Jesus has many other attributes to His character, but these two are all today’s verse points to.  These two character traits alone, however, ought to give you a great deal of peace as you trust in your Savior.

Questions:
 1. What aspect of Jesus’ character is your favorite?
 2. Are you striving to emulate that characteristic into your life?

Prayer: Father, I praise You for Your splendid character.  You are marvelous and good.  You are always right and faithful.  May I learn more of Your amazing grace.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment