Tuesday, December 20, 2016

How Would You Describe Your Relationship with the Lord?

Photo by Andrius Macko
Scripture: Isaiah 7:12
But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord!”

Insights: Today’s verse almost makes it sound as if Ahaz is this godly man who knows the Scriptures tell us not to put the Lord our God to a test.  The request God gave Ahaz in verse ten and eleven, however, is more indicative to what the Lord said to His people in the book of Malachi where He does tell them to test Him in regards to the tithe.  So, when Ahaz gives this pious answer back to the Lord, it is not really genuine, but a cover for his lack of belief.  You need to understand that Ahaz’ grandfather was Uzziah and the Scriptures tell us he was a good king.  His father was Jotham and the Scriptures tell us he was also a good king.  Ahaz’ son was Hezekiah and the Scriptures tell us he was a good king.  Ahaz, however, the Scriptures tell us was an awful and wicked king.  He even sacrificed his children on the altar to false gods.  This man does not want to test the Lord God because he does not actually worship nor respect the One True God.  The Father above, however, wants a relationship with Ahaz.  He wants him to know Him in an intimate way.  It was for this reason the Lord said to ask for a sign as deep as Sheol or as high as heaven.  The Lord wants to prove He is who He claims to be and that he loves Ahaz.  Ahaz, however, does not desire this intimacy with the Lord and acts the fool by saying, “I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord.”  He tries to make himself look good, but fails miserably.  Beloved, I wonder how often we play the fool and do not seek after intimacy with the Lord.  I pray you will seek Him with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength.  May you know Him and the fullness of His power.

Questions:
 1. On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being not at all and 10 being perfect, what kind of relationship do you have with the Lord?
 2. If you gave yourself a 0 or a very low number, why and would you want a relationship with Jesus.?

Prayer: Father, it is my desire to have true intimate relationship with You.  Unfortunately, I often battle with my old sin nature and choose it over You.  Lord, please forgive me when I choose sin and help me experience Your Spirit’s activity in my life to where I choose You more.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment