Tuesday, December 20, 2016

For What Grand Vision do You Challenge the Lord?

Photo by PHILIPPE BERDALLE
Ought to have been blog post 12/19/16

Scripture: Isaiah 7:10-11
Then the Lord spoke again to Ahaz, saying, “Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God; make it deep as Sheol or high as heaven.”

Insights: This week we begin to investigate the fourth candle during the advent season.  This candle centers around the subject of love.  I titled the sermon Sunday For God So Loved the World.  When we get to the third point of the sermon this week, you will understand this love concept better.  The first two points, however, were questions for which we need to think about our lives.  The first question is the title of today’s blog.  Notice with me in the verses today that God tells Ahaz to ask Him for a sign as deep as Sheol or as high as heaven.  Is there anything too difficult for the Lord?  God can do far more than we can possibly think or imagine.  He desires for us to do God’s sized work for Him here on this side of eternity.  Unfortunately, I think most of us, myself included, have a very small view of God’s abilities.  We do not ask God for a grand vision.  I used the word challenge in the question today, but Beloved, I want you to understand that our greatest thought is not a challenge to the Lord.  As we rapidly approach 2017, let me encourage you to start thinking of what grand vision the Lord would have for you next year.  Begin asking Him to make it possible to do amazing things through Him and all for His glory.  Make your vision as deep as Sheol or as high as heaven.  It will not be too difficult for the Lord.  Let’s obey Him and be amazed at His provision for the great vision He gives to us.

Questions:
 1. Do you have a grand vision from the Lord?
 2. Are you playing it safe and not risking it all for His glory?

Prayer: Father, Your thoughts are so much greater than my own.  You are grand and push on me to be better than I presently am.  I know, however, that in You I will grow and live up to a grander vision for my life because of Your involvement.  Open my eyes to what You would desire of me.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment