Monday, January 11, 2016

There Is A Goal That We Must Own: By All Means To Save Some

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more.  To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.  To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.  I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Insights: I wish to express gratitude to Steve Cole for the outline of Sunday’s sermon.  The guts were mine, but his outline was extremely well designed.  The goal for all Christians to own is that by all means we must win some for the kingdom.  There are three reasons this is important and the first is that this goal is realistic in nature.  In other words, we are not capable of saving all people, but we are able to save some.  This fact helps us to realize and live under the realistic expectation that does not overburden us with the pressure of winning all for the kingdom.  The second reason we need to own this goal is the goal is worthwhile.  I cannot think of anything more important than the souls of humanity.  Our occupations are not more important, our hobbies are not more important and our preferences and prejudices are not more important than the souls of men.  The third reason we need to own this goal is because of the crucial nature of it.  I think there are two reasons we do not live with the crucial reality of eternity.  Firstly, it has been almost 2,000 years since Jesus ascended into heaven, and as a result, we have lost the sense that Jesus really is coming back.  Let me tell you, He is coming back.  Secondly, we are incapable of truly feeling the extent of eternity.  I don’t think we understand those in the Lake of Fire do not just become annihilated and disappear.  They literally suffer forever and ever and ever.  There is never a second of relief extended to those who reject Jesus’ gift of salvation.  Beloved, let us own the goal and remember it is realistic, worthwhile and crucial for us to reach as many as we can for the Kingdom of God.

Questions:
1. Have you come to the place where you own the goal of gospel proclamation?
2. Do you feel the crucial nature of eternity for those who will spend eternity in hell?


Prayer: Father, grow my burden for the lost.  Help me to know the depth of eternity in the Lake of Fire.  Grant me the courage to be bold in my every day life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment