Wednesday, January 20, 2016

God Created Us For Eternity

Scripture: Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

Insights: The final truth this week deals with the fact that God has created us for eternity.  We see this truth expressed in today’s verses when David sang, “And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.”  All of humanity at conception are written in God’s book.  We know, however, from Moses not every name remains in this book.  Some names are crossed out.  In the New Testament we are given further revelation and learn the name of this book is the Lamb’s Book of Life and the only names that eventually remain in this book are those who have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  God created us for eternity!  Beloved, I need you to understand this eternity is for those who spend it with the Lord God and also for those who spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.  It is absolutely necessary for us to feel the weight of this significance.  These individuals do not just suffer for a minute and then become annihilated and exist no more.  They do not suffer just for a minute and then get brought into God’s glorious grace.  Eternity is for ALL time.  There is NO end to their suffering and we must do all we can to share with them the hope of Jesus.  I cannot express the importance of this fact enough.  If we really believe this theological reality, and it is true, then we need to share Jesus all we can.  May we never take this responsibility lightly or flippantly.  May many souls come to know the Lord Jesus because of our faithful obedience to Him in proclaiming the gospel to lost souls.  Jesus is the Good News that can change their eternal destiny from one of pain and suffering to joy and pleasure.  Let’s go, let’s share, let’s tell, let’s bring God glory!

Questions:
1. Have you received Jesus as Your Lord and Savior?
2. Are you intentionally looking for opportunities to share Jesus with people so they may experience the love of the Lord for all eternity?


Prayer: Father, help me to feel the tension and the weight of eternity.  Grow my sensitivity to the seriousness of lostness and increase my burden for souls.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment