Monday, January 18, 2016

God Created Us

Scripture: Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

Insights: Yesterday was Sanctity of Life Sunday and we examined the verses of the psalm you just read.  There are three truths I believe we find in these few verses.  The first will be discussed today and it is God created us.  Notice God formed our inward parts and He wove us in our mother’s wombs.  Our frame was not hidden from Him and He saw our unformed substance.  We are not just a random accident of evolution as our school systems would have us to believe.  Rather, God intentionally created us and we ought not to take this truth for granted.  God values every life and we will see this unfold on Wednesday in a fuller sense.  For today, what I want us to focus on is the fact that God sees our unformed substance.  In other words, when we are conceived God knows us and He values us.  God is intentional about all His creations and He loves everyone of them so much He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for each and everyone of them.  His death paid the price for each one of them and their sin which separated them from His great grace.  His death demonstrates the value the Lord places on each one of His creation.  May we understand and respect God’s creation as much as He does and may we strive to educate and demonstrate to others the importance of every life.

Questions:
1. Do you recognize that God has created us as a special creation?
2. Can you understand the importance of every life created by the Lord God?


Prayer: Father, help me to value every life You have created.  You have granted life to Your creation and each and everyone is precious.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment