Monday, November 2, 2015

Crisis Drive People to Desperation

Scripture: 2 Kings 1:1-2
Now Moab rebelled against Israel after the death of Ahab.  And Ahaziah fell through the lattice in his upper chamber which was in Samaria, and became ill. So he sent messengers and said to them, “Go, inquire of Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron, whether I will recover from this sickness.”

Insights:  Ahaziah faced a situation due to an accident.  As a result of this accident he is brought to a point of crisis in his life and he is desperate for an answer.  In our modern world we also face crisis which lead us to a point of desperation and we are faced with the same options as Ahaziah.  He chose to inquire from the things of this world.  He chose to ask the gods of this world for help.  In modern day times most of us don’t turn to false deities, but we do turn to human methods or efforts.  For example, we know the average household in the U.S. has $10,000 in credit card debt alone.  Why do you suppose this figure is the way it is?  I would tell you because when a “crisis” came up in a persons life, they charged the solution just “this one time” and before they knew it they were $10,000 in debt.  Beloved, tomorrow, I am going to speak as to whom Ahaziah ought to have turned, but until then, let me encourage you not to follow after the path of Ahaziah.  Do not let Satan trick you into believing the worlds plans are best because this allure is only a lie.  Satan does not have your best interest at heart.  He did not with Ahaziah and he certainly does not with you either.  Come back tomorrow and learn what we ought to do.

Questions:
1.  Are you facing a crisis in your life?
2.  To whom are you turning, the world or the Lord?


Prayer: Father, all too often I try and fix my crisis situations on my own.  Forgive me for my arrogance and prompt me to seek You and follow Your council. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment