Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Love Determines to go through Tests, Part 2

Scripture: Ruth 1:14-18
And they lifted up their voices and wept again; and Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth clung to her.  Then she said, “Behold, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and her gods; return after your sister-in-law.”  But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.  “Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the Lord do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me.”  When she saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more to her.

Insights:  On Monday you may have read the blog post title, Love Determines to go through Tests and then read about Ruth’s conversion and said, “Where is the test?  To what did she determine to do?”  Well, you will also notice it was listed as part one.  It is my faith presupposition we cannot holistically pilgrimage through this world without the Lord God.  The only way to walk with God is to know God and to have a personal relationship with Him.  This relationship comes through receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  Once you have entered into this love relationship, then you are equipped by Him to walk this journey out.  Keep in mind all we mentioned Monday about Ruth’s conversion.  She was walking into enemy territory, but as the passage states, she was determined to go with Naomi.  I shared with our church when we make this kind of decision it does not mean it is going to be safe or easy, but it is going to be worth it.  FBCBG is presently praying over the vision which was presented to them on November 15.  They are in the process of deciding this very concept in their lives.  They are asking themselves if they are determined to walk this journey of faith out no matter what may come.  It is my personal prayer FBCBG will surrender with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength to the vision presented to them.  I pray they will have the determination of Ruth.  I pray we will share Jesus no matter what happens to us.  I pray we stop losing ground to the enemy and begin shining the light of Christ to our community to such an extent we are radically affecting lives.  May God be brought glory for our determination to follow after Him.

Questions:
1.  Are you determined to follow after the Lord?
2.  What is the one thing that would prevent you from fully turning things over to the Lord?


Prayer: Father, following You is scary.  I also know whatever the future may hold, whether good or bad in this life, it is worth it to walk faithfully with You.  Grant me courage and faith to say yes to You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment