Friday, July 18, 2014

God's Word Produces Worship

Scripture: Psalm 119:48
And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments,
Which I love;
And I will meditate on Your statutes.

Insights:  The last aspect of God’s Word we are going to look at this week is the worship which God’s Word helps produces.  Notice the psalmist is lifting his hands up to God’s commandments, His Word.  He is worshipping the Lord God for the Word He has given to him.  I am a stuck record on this subject of daily reading God’s Word.  How can we expect to enter into corporate worship if our spiritual tank is empty because we have failed to spend time with our Lord and Savior?  If His Word has not satisfied us and filled us full, then what do have to offer to the One who is worthy of our worship?  Beloved, I can again, not explain how much your worship to the Lord will improve if you spend time with Him every day.  All I can tell you is the amazing joy one experiences as they find themselves singing praises to the Lord.  Or the intense emotional pleasure one receives from crying out to the Lord from the depths of our being as we have spent time with Him in His Word.  I want to remind you how the 119th psalm was written.  It took every letter in the Hebrew alphabet and made a beautiful song about God’s Word.  The psalmist was inspired so much about God’s Word that he wrote, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, 176 verses expressing love towards God’s Word and to God Himself for giving us these Words.  It is the longest chapter in the Bible.  It is beautiful like no other chapter in the Bible.  The psalmist could not but help worship God as he pinned these wonderful words about God’s Word, the Bible.  I have said it several times this week, but I say it again, Beloved, spend time reading God’s Word every day!  You will be blessed and grateful you did.

Questions:
1.  Are you unashamedly worshipping the Lord daily?
2.  When was the last time you corporately let the Word of God draw you into public worship of the Lord?


Prayer: Father, thank You that Your Word reveals You and teaches me how I can and ought to worship You.  You are the only One worthy of my worship or for that matter the worship of all creation.  May my worship please You, O Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment