Wednesday, July 23, 2014

God's Kingdom Will Restore the Broken

Scripture: Isaiah 35:5-6b
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened
And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
Then the lame will leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the mute will shout for joy.

Insights:  Yesterday dealt with the emotional and psychological healing that will come with eternity in Jesus Christ.  Today’s verses deal with the physiological restoration found in eternity in Jesus Christ.  Blind people will have their eyes opened.  Deaf people will have their ears unstopped.  Lame people with have their bones and muscles restored.  Mute people will be able to speak and shout for joy.  The physical body will no longer fail us as it presently does when we grow older.  We will no longer get tired, but will have energy to spare.  Our bodies will no longer be bound up in the sinful nature of this world.  We will no longer battle being overweight or underweight.  I as a colored blind person will no longer have a difficulty distinguishing between red and green.  I long for that day in eternity with Jesus.  Until that day, however, I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 which states, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.”  Until that perfect day, I must remember to subject my body here on earth to the will of my Lord and Master, Jesus Christ.  His Spirit speaks to my spirit and I must obey because I am not master of my body, Christ Jesus is.  He rightfully claimed this authority when He purchased my body with His death on Calvary and subsequent resurrection from the dead.  Therefore, until eternity comes, and even though I do it imperfectly, I subject my body to the will of the Father.  I obey Him and trust Him to tend to my physical healing while in this temporal world.  Beloved, until that day in glory, let us all strive to honor the Lord with our bodies.

Questions:
1.  Is your body starting to fall you as you get older?
2.  Do the verses today give you comfort of your future home in glory?


Prayer: Father, I am looking forward to the day in paradise with You when my body will no longer fail me.  I am so grateful for the promise of restoration to my body.  Until that day, however, may I honor You with how I live and use my body.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment