Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Seed is Planted

Scripture: 1 Kings 12:12-15
Then Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day as the king had directed, saying, “Return to me on the third day.” The king answered the people harshly, for he forsook the advice of the elders which they had given him, and he spoke to them according to the advice of the young men, saying, “My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke; my father disciplined you with whips, but I will discipline you with scorpions.” So the king did not listen to the people; for it was a turn of events from the Lord, that He might establish His word, which the Lord spoke through Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
Insights:   Today’s verses show us Rehoboam planting the seed he has chosen.  The people of Israel have come back after three days in order to find out what Rehoboam’s response to their demands is going to be.  He could choose the good advice (seed) of the older men or the bad advice (seed) of the younger men.  Today’s verses tell us he selected the bad seed to plant and he declares to Israel he is going to make their lives even more difficult than it had been before under Solomon’s reign.  At this point it makes me think of the definition of insanity: keep doing the same thing over and over again, but expect different results.  I cannot tell you how many people I know that make one bad decision after another bad decision and still believe that harvest is going to be different this time around.  Your harvest is going to be exactly what you planted.  Tomorrow, we are going to discuss a little bit more about the harvest aspect of our seed planting.  Until then, let me encourage you to make certain you are planting the seed which will produce the crop you really want.  Seek the Lord and let Him help guide you to plant the proper seed.

Questions:
1. What seed have you planted recently in your life?
2. What kind of crop are you anticipating to be harvested?

Prayer: Father, I have strived to plant good seed and I know that You are the One that actually makes that seed germinate and grow.  May my efforts to bring You glory reap an abundance harvest for You and Your glory.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment