Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
Insights: Sunday night Brother Joe preached on Things God Don’t Know and he was in multiple texts. There were five of these things:
1. God Doesn’t Know a Sin He Doesn’t Hate (Ps 89:28-33)
God hates sin because it put His Son Jesus on the cross. Before Jesus came there was no separation between Father and Son, but in Jesus death there was and there is no way we can quantify the pain this must have caused the Father.
2. God Doesn’t Know a Sinner He Doesn’t Love (Jn 3:16)
Because of His love for you, He would have sent His Son even if you were the only human being on earth. In spite of the pain the Lord God experienced at His Son’s death, His love for you was greater. He loves every one of His creatures and had Jesus die to save them of their sin.
3. God Doesn’t Know Any Other Way by Which One Can Be Saved except through Jesus (Acts 4:12)
Jesus is the only way to get to heaven. Your works and efforts will fall short every time. You can try every religion and cult there is, but in the end if you do not have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, then you will die and spend eternity in the lake of fire with Satan and his demons.
4. God Doesn’t Know Any Better Time than Now for One to Get Saved (Heb 4:7)
If you hear the voice of God, now is the time of salvation. You are never promised another chance. Do not test the Lord God with your eternity. If you are hearing Him convict your heart, respond with repentance and receptivity to His gracious gift of love. Receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord right now. Do not wait, hesitate or postpone this eternal decision.
5. God Doesn’t Know Anything that will Make Him Happier than When Someone Gets Rid of Their Sin (Lk 15:10)
Repentance from sin starts a party in heaven with the angels because they know you are coming home to them. I do not believe it is a far stretch to use our sanctified imaginations and envision the parties in heaven over a lost soul being redeemed as being better than any earthly party one could ever attend. God’s parties are the best parties!
- Have you come to recognize that your sin put Jesus on the Cross of Calvary?
- Have you come to understand that it is only through this sacrificial act of Jesus that you can get saved?
Prayer: Father, the sacrifice You made in giving humanity Your Son, Jesus, is beyond understanding. Thank You that You let Him die to take my sin debt from me. Transform my heart to see the lost around me and give me a joyous celebration when they come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Amen.