"But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Insights: What is needed of you? Well, first of all you need to know that you can do this! Those false barriers we looked at this week do not need to hold you back from sharing the love of Jesus to a lost world. You do not have to be a preacher or Sunday School teacher to tell others about Jesus. You can use Matthew’s plan for reaching his friends. What did Matthew do? He invited people to his home. He gave them refreshments. He told them about Jesus and gave his testimony. He invited them to accept Jesus. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is basically asking you to do the same thing. There are six steps they would ask you to follow. They are:
1. Sign-up to be a Matthew and attend the training sessions.
2. Look Around and identify friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow students, and family members who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
3. Look Up and pray every day for each person you identified.
4. Look Out for opportunities to build your relationship with these people.
5. Look Forward to the event: Invite every person you identified. Play the DVD of Billy Graham’s crusade. Share your 3 minute prepared testimony story, and pray for God’s help as you ask your friends if they want the kind of hope that you have—then lead them to Jesus.
6. Look After those who gave their lives to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith.
Beloved, The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has been holding these “My Hope” parties around the world since 2002. On average two people have come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior at each one of these house crusades. Can you image the impact that a church could have on a community if over half our church members participated in this event and we experienced those same kinds of results? It is my prayer that we do not let a single excuse hold us back from being like Matthew. May we all share the love of Jesus with those that desperately need Him.
- Are you willing to be a “Matthew” and partner with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association?
- If not, what is holding you back from letting your hope in Jesus shine forth to a lost world?
Prayer: Father, bless this crusade with Billy Graham. Lord, may millions of people come to know Jesus Christ across America as your children let their hope in Your Son become known to other people who do not know Him as Lord and Savior. May You be brought glory through this ministry opportunity. Amen.