Wednesday, August 10, 2016

God Restores His Family

Photo by Kristaps Bergfelds
Scripture: Hosea 11:8-11
How can I give you up, O Ephraim?  How can I surrender you, O Israel?  How can I make you like Admah?  How can I treat you like Zeboiim?  My heart is turned over within Me, All My compassions are kindled.  I will not execute My fierce anger; I will not destroy Ephraim again.  For I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst, And I will not come in wrath.  They will walk after the Lord, He will roar like a lion; Indeed He will roar And His sons will come trembling from the west.  They will come trembling like birds from Egypt And like doves from the land of Assyria; And I will settle them in their houses, declares the Lord.

Insights: I love the language of these verses today. Notice the passion in the Lord God's voice. He is unwilling to give up His children. His compassion usurps His fierce anger. He will roar and when He does, He will draw His children to Himself. Not only does the Lord God draw His children to Himself, but He also provides for them. In other words, the Lord God is restoring His family to their rightful position. This reality is exactly what salvation is all about. We, while in the depths of our sin and enemies of God, are purchased by the atoning work of Jesus on the cross of Calvary. God in His amazing grace is providing for us eternal restoration. All we have to do is receive this free gift. So, it really is as simple as the ABCs that we learned in Vacation Bible School. Firstly, we must admit to God that we are sinners. Secondly, we must believe that Jesus is God’s Son and that He died on the cross for our sins. Thirdly, we must confess Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Even though this is a simplistic ABC for salvation it does encompass all that God has done for the restoration of His Family. It is my prayer, if you have never received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, that you do so today. If you will, He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and it cleanse you from all unrighteousness. This forgiving and cleansing is another way of saying we are restored to God.

Questions:
1. Are you grateful God has restored you as one of His family members?
2. Have you thank the Lord for his gracious restoration?

Prayer: Father, thank You for forgiving and restoring me to Your family. You're amazing love always overwhelms me and I cannot express how grateful I am for Your grace.  Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment