Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Lord Heals Us

Photo by Romel
Scripture: Hosea 6:1-2
Come, let us return to the Lord.  For He has torn us, but He will heal us; He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.  “He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.

Insights: I love this dimension of the Lord.  Let me make a clarifying comment before I share this aspect of the Lord that is so agreeable with me.  God is perfect in all of who He is.  He is self-sufficient and in need of no one or any thing.  His character is unchanging and He is always true to Himself.  These facts mean that God is never in contradiction with Himself.  As a result, God is perfectly just in His holiness and expressions of wrath and judgment.  He is at the exact same time perfectly just in His grace and expressions of mercy and forgiveness.  Now that I have given some clarifying comments, let me explain what I love about the Lord which is found in today’s verses.  The nuance of the Lord that I love so much is His amazing grace.  You will recall from yesterday that God disciplined His children for their rebellion and sin.  Now, however, they have turned back to the Lord and even though they had been torn and wounded by the Lord, God is now extending grace by healing and bandaging up their wounds.  God always extends grace to the repentant heart.  In fact it is His desire to continually display mercy and grace.  There is literally no sin that grips us that puts us beyond the scope of receiving God’s amazing grace.  The most violent murderer would experience God’s grace if he would genuinely repent of his sins and turn to the Lord.  The most disgusting sex trafficker would experience God’s grace if he would surrender to the Lord’s healing hand.  God loves His creation and desires for all of His creation to know Him.  All we have to do is turn to Him and He would restore us to Himself.  I hope and pray you experience God’s amazing grace.

Questions:
1. Have you experienced the incredible joy of the Lord’s healing in your life?
2. If you have walked away from the Lord,what is holding you back from returning and receiving His amazing grace?

Prayer: Father, Your healing grace is amazing and I am so grateful You extend it to me.  Let me experience it anew every day as I walk with You. Amen.


If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment