Monday, October 12, 2015

Adventures are Scary

Scripture: 1 Kings 19:1-3c
Now Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and ahow he had killed all the prophets with the sword.  Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and even more, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.”  And he was afraid and arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah,

Insights:  I thought when I got back from Costa Rica with my daughters I would be able to jump right back into my daily blog.  I will tell you the adjustment into parental life has been more time consuming than I ever imagined.  It is good mind you, but more difficult than I thought.  As a result, I am not going to try and go back and get caught up on the blogs I missed from the past three months.  Rather, I am just going to continue from this week and give you a very brief recap of what we missed.  We have been investigating different components of REAL Worship at FBCBG.  The first part of the year we learned worship was relevant in all aspects of our lives.  In the second part, which is what I failed to blog about in detail was that worship is also exciting.  We have been presently learning about how worship is also an adventure.  In today’s verses we see that adventures can at times be scary.  I will not go into detail, but Jezebel was scared and we know that Elijah was afraid because the passage tells us he was.  There are all kinds of things that can make us afraid.  Let me list just a few.  Many people are afraid because they have received bad health news.  Some are afraid because they are facing financial crisis.  Others are afraid because of relational issues.  For me, I fear disobedience.  So many times, I have sensed the Lord’s promptings and failed to walk in obedience.  We at FBCBG have an opportunity coming up to attend a Vision Workshop.  Our Strategic Planning Team has been working for almost two years seeking the Lord and asking Him for a vision for our church.  We as a team truly believe God has given us one for our future.  My fear is that after we have heard our findings and presented them to the church that we will fail to walk in obedience.  Beloved, let me encourage you to attend the workshop on November 15 and to prayerfully ask the Lord to give our church a vision that will lead us into a walk of obedience with Him.  May He be brought glory and may we not be afraid!

Questions:
1.  What are you presently facing that is causing you to fear?
2.  Is your fear preventing you from walking in obedience with the Lord?


Prayer: Father, let my fears not cripple me into disobedience, but rather let me trust you though those fears and to see You brought glory because of my obedience.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment