Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Source of the River

Scripture: Ezekiel 47:1-2
Then he brought me back to the door of the house; and behold, water was flowing from under the threshold of the house toward the east, for the house faced east. And the water was flowing down from under, from the right side of the house, from south of the altar. He brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate by way of the gate that faces east. And behold, water was trickling from the south side.
Insights: Sunday morning I preached out of Daniel chapter four, but I felt my evening message was more applicable for where we are as a church.  For this reason, therefore, my daily blogs this week will be reflective of the evening service.  We looked at Ezekiel chapter forty-seven which is also pictured in Revelation twenty-two.  John and Ezekiel saw the same scene and John gives us a few more details about it that Ezekiel left out.  For example in Ezekiel he describes the water trickle starting from the right side, south of the altar; whereas, John tells us it comes straight from the throne of God.  As we will see later this week, this river has restorative and healing power.  It is living water, if you will permit me to use that kind of language.  When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well He told her if any one drinks the water He offered they would never thirst again.  Here is the point today: the source of this living river of water is the Lord God.  Jesus is the second member of this Triune entity and it was His work on Calvary that purchased the sin payment that allows Him to offer this living water to anyone who will receive it and drink.  If we will receive this gift of life, then we will be born again and made new.  We will have eternal life with our Lord and Savior.  If you are one who has never received Jesus’s gift of salvation, then I pray you receive Him today.  Just pray and ask Him to forgive you of your sins and to come into your life.  Then find a Bible believing church and start growing in your relationship with Him.  Talk to Him as you would anyone else and let Him know your fears, doubts, joys and happiness.  Let Him in every area of your life and watch your life brighten as you continue to drink of His river of life.

Questions:
1.  Have you received Jesus as the living water that flows from the throne of God?
2.  If not, why not?

Prayer: Father, I am so thankful I am a part of the body of Christ.  I have been washed in the blood and am joint heirs with Jesus because You gave me the living water to drink and I have now been refreshed.  Praise Your mighty name for Your great gift.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment