Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Family Supports Each Other

Scripture: Obadiah 13
“Do not enter the gate of My people
In the day of their disaster.
Yes, you, do not gloat over their calamity
In the day of their disaster.
And do not loot their wealth
In the day of their disaster.

Insights: The third thing the Edomites did was to rob the children of Judah from their wealth.  Now it is important to understand that at this point the people of Judah no longer have wealth because the Babylonians have already taken it back to their kingdom.  What the Edomites were doing was coming in and looting whatever of value still remained, whether that was food, clothing, or a few trinkets of value that somehow did not get taken by the Babylonians.  In other words, they came in and financially made a very bad situation worse.  They actually were hinderances to the people of Judah having any chance for economic recovery.  Beloved, we live in a day were many people are struggling to make their meager means make it to the end of the month.  It makes me wonder what I am personally doing to help relieve this distress or am I just as much of a hinderance to them by my judgmental attitude as these Edomites were in their physical robbery.  I pray we all allow the Lord to work on our hearts when it comes to this subject of financial responsibility and truly come to the place we are generous supporters of our family and not judgmental hinderances or worse actual thieves. May the Lord be brought glory as He works through us to help meet the financial woes of our family.

Questions:
1.  As you think about your primary interaction with your family, is it hindering or supportive?
2.  In modern day economy many families are financially struggling, in what ways are you helping your family?

Prayer: Father, I may not rob my family as the Edomites had done with the people of Judah, but at the same time I am not always supportive of my family either.  Help my heart to be transformed Lord to where I am generous with the provisions that are rightfully Yours.  Let me be used in such a fashion as to be a blessing to my family and not a hinderance.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment