Monday, October 8, 2012

What Revival Restores, Part 1


Scripture: 2 Chronicles 29:28
The whole assembly bowed in worship, while the singers sang and the trumpeters played. All this continued until the sacrifice of the burnt offering was completed.

Insights: Sunday night we were shown what real biblical revival restores – WORSHIP!  We can’t have real revival if we don’t have real worship.  Worship must be at the absolute center of everything we do.  Mike shared with us the two reasons for this truth.  First, God deserves our worship.  He IS God and we are not.  He displays His greatness throughout all creation.  He is the One who purchased our redemption.  His IS God!  Second, God designed us for worship.  Isaiah 43:7 reminds us, “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.”  We were created for worship.  Every culture worships something and for most of them it is not the One true God.  They worship, however, because they were created for it.  The One who must be at the center of our worship is JESUS!  In the passage Mike preached yesterday evening, it was full of sacrifices being made to God.  Mike shared with us that all the animal sacrifices of the O.T. serve to point us to the one, final, complete, perfect, sacrifice that we now have in Jesus.  These O.T. sacrifices and Jesus’ sacrifice reveal to us that our sin leads to death and a sacrifice must be made in order to restore our worship of God.  Jesus paid such a price and we ought to worship Him unashamedly!

Questions:
  1. Is there anything hindering your worship of God?
  2. Have you come to the saving knowledge of Jesus in order for you to worship properly?
Prayer: Father, my heart desire is to have pure and undefiled worship for You.  Search my heart and reveal to me any wicked way that may hinder my worship of You.  Remove such iniquity and receive my worship and be glorified.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment