Thursday, February 2, 2017

God's Salvation provides Us an Inheritance

Photo by Kate Russell
Scripture: Ephesians 1:11-12
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

Insights: I love the comfort it brings to me to know I have an inheritance because of my adoption.  There is a lot verse eleven and twelve communicate to us, but the central part with which I focused in my sermon was the inheritance.  We are heirs to God and co-heirs with Christ Jesus.  This fact gives us hope for our future.  We do not belong here.  It is no wonder we feel stretched and out of sorts in this world.  It is not our home.  Our citizenship and our inheritance to that citizenship is in eternity with the Lord God.  Beloved, this hope provides us with a great deal of peace and comfort in the midst of difficult times.  It also gives us continued joy in our security during the times of great pleasure in this world.  No matter how good or bad life situations become, we know that we know, we will be with Jesus because of our inheritance.

Questions:
 1. Do you long for your eternal inheritance with Christ Jesus in glory?
 2. Do you ever ponder the pure security of being in Christ and resting in His ability to take you to your eternal home?

Prayer: Father, thank You for providing me with an inheritance which brings me into Your majestic presence.  I long for that day, but until then, help me to rest assured in the eternal grace You have given me.  Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment